Diane von Furstenburg has always been known for her classic and iconic wrap dress, but I’ve always enjoyed her various patterned fabrics more. I have a gorgeous blouse from one of her lines that is so elegant, I want pants, a dress, shorts and a t-shirt with that same pattern (heck, I’d even want a bra in that same pattern). This spring, I hope to find a DVF wrap dress (on sale) that I’m able to wear all year round (I’d wear it with leotards or nylons in the fall and winter months). I like to purchase timeless pieces, and a DVF wrap dress certainly fits the bill.
Here are some of my picks:
- DVF, New Jeanne Dress, $450
- DVF, Black White Dress New Jeanne, $520
- DVF, ‘Reina’ Dress, $475
- DVF, New Julian Two Dress, $450
- DVF, Valencia Wrap Dress, $485
- DVF, Valencia Silk-Jersey Wrap Dress, $520
- DVF, New Julian Two Wrap Dress, $475
- DVF, Short Dress, $445
If anyone knows where to find a DVF wrap dress on sale, please let me know! I will continue browsing online and at Holt Renfrew Last Call.
Cobalt blue is one of my favourite colours in my wardrobe, and it looks great on blondes. I’m also a fan of limoncello yellow for spring (mentioned here). These two colours combined with black create a bold and classy statement.
- Forever 21, Cable Knit Black Sweater, $23
- Topshop, Tapered Peg Trousers, $43
- Loft, Petra Colour Pop Pointy-Toe Pumps, $65
- Vince, Cotton Slub Knit, $140
- Vince, Silk Cargo Pocket Crop Trousers, $115
- Manolo Blahnik, Bb Patent Pointed-Toe Pump, $660 (sold out)
I think my favourite part of this outfit is the shoe. I like to wear a lot of black, and feel that bright coloured shoes make a great statement (ie. you have great taste in shoes). These limoncello yellow pumps brighten up the outfit and combined with a cobalt blue top, attract the eye to the whole outfit. Your audience (classmates, the public, coworkers, boyfriend) will take a good look at all of you and won’t just focus their attention to your shirt (breasts?) or shoes.
Unlike limoncello liqueur, this colour doesn’t just come out after dinner. This spring, bright and bold colours are very in. It doesn’t mean you’re to wear yellow pants with a yellow shirt, shoes and a clutch, but rather, making one piece the accent of your ensemble. There are some really great pieces popping up in this limoncello yellow colour that would definitely brighten up your spring wardrobe. Here are some ideas:
- Alexander McQueen, ‘The Skull’ Box Clutch, $1465
- Manolo Blahnik, Bb Patent Pointed-Toe Pump, $660
- Erika Cavallini Semi Couture, Pleated Silk Skirt, $420
- J. Crew, Curator Mid-Rise Crepe Pant, $170
- Tomas Maier Saint Tropez, Cashmere Shorts, $860
- SO, Lace Racerback Tank, $6.99
- Diane von Furstenburg, Noa Knitted Sweater, $250
- Dooney & Bourke, O-Ring Shopper, $275
- ASOS Liberty, Pointed Ballet Flats, $43
Yes, some of these choices are quite pricey. It’s easy to find similar pieces at a less expensive price at H&M, Forever 21, Joe Fresh, J. Crew, Topshop and the Bay. If you want some help, let me know!
Chambray shirts are great. They’re a lightweight material that can be dressed up or down; worn with heels, flats or sneakers. I bought my first chambray shirt three years ago from J. Crew and it’s been worn many times with heels or converse, under sweaters and with t-shirts. Today, it’s really easy to find chambray shirts everywhere from Urban Behaviour to Holt Renfrew.
My favourite look is when a chambray shirt has its sleeves rolled up and is tucked into white jeans and paired with clunky brown heeled sandals.
Here are some chambray shirts I’d love to purchase:
- J. Crew, Circle-Print Chambray Pop-Over, $88
- Splendid, Fitted Chambray Shirt, $80
- Madewell, Dotted Chambray Boyshirt, $74
- J. Crew, Keeper Chambray Shirt, $80
- Madewell, Two-Tone Chambray Shirt, $90
- Topshop, Casual Chambray Shirt, $44
What would you wear with your chambray shirt?