A little while ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Carmen Fortis from the blog Jurnalul Lui Petit. I just wanted to thank her for nominating me and for checking out my blog!
The rules are as follows:
- Name and thank the person/blog which nominated you.
- Write eleven facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions and write another eleven questions for the blog which you will nominate.
- Nominate nine blogs which you admire and that have less than two hundred followers.
- Announce the nomination on each blogger’s page that you nominated.
Eleven Facts about the blonde scientist:
- I love pickles. I could eat a whole jar in one sitting.
- I’ve seen over 100 movies of the romantic/rom-com genre (you name it, I’ve seen it).
- I secretly love Taylor Swift’s song I Knew You Were Trouble. Every time it’s played on the radio, I turn up the volume and sing loudly.
- I always need to make sure my fingernails are extremely short…you could say that I have a bit of OCD.
- I can’t stand it when people chew gum with their mouths open.
- I think that if I ever met Ryan Gosling, he’d fall in love with me and leave Eva Mendes. (I wish.)
- I hate my neck (or lack there of) and thus hate my side profile.
- I own over 10 pairs of Lululemon pants and I love pairing them with cashmere sweaters…can you say comfortable?
- I don’t have a problem with Uggs. So many people hate them, but I think they are comfortable boots that keep your feet extremely warm. (check and check!)
- I always have cold feet.
- I’m a shopoholic and have been one since I was very little thanks to my mother and grandmother. We would go to the Eaton Centre every Sunday and to this day some of the women who work at Hudsons Bay can remember me from when I was very little and in a baby carriage.
My answers to the eleven questions from Carmen Fortis:
- When do you feel the most inspired? I feel the most inspired when I’m motivated and have had a good night’s rest.
- What feeling suggests the painting “The emigrant” made by Georges Braque ? To me this painting exudes a gloomy and dark feeling of depression and loneliness.
- Which is your favourite number? I love the number 9.
- Which is your favourite dessert? I am probably a #1 fan of most desserts, but if I had to choose one, I’d choose a dark chocolate cake with raspberry mousse.
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up. I always envisioned myself as an actress or a doctor.
- If you could travel in time, what year would you choose? I’d choose 1950 and 2006. 1950, because of the fashion, music and dances and 2006, because my grandfather would still be alive and somewhat well.
- What do you think about yoga? I love yoga. It’s extremely relaxing and a great way to stretch out your muscles and relieve any tension. I find it often helps clear your mind and forget about your worries for however long your practise may be.
- Which word do you use most? classy or timeless
- Which foreign language would you like to learn and why? I’d love to learn how to speak Swedish fluently because my grandmother lived their for seven years and it was one of my favourite places that I visited in the summer of 2008. I’d also love to speak French fluently as I think of it as a romantic language.
- Which word would you use to describe yourself? Natural or Independent.
- Which is your favourite part of day? I’m definitely a night owl. I love the evenings/nights because they’re free to go out for dinners or out on the town for a night of dancing.
Questions for you:
- If you could be anything or anyone what or who would you be? Why?
- If you could donate 2 million dollars to any cause, what cause would you donate to?
- What animal represents you?
- In your favourite TV show, what character best represents you or who you’d like to be?
- What’s your favourite season?
- Who do you most admire and why?
- What is your favourite exotic fruit?
- Traditional or alternative medicine?
- What’s one place in the world you’d like to visit?
- If you could walk in any shoe you’d like, what designer would you choose?
- If you could have one super power, what would that be?
9 Blogs (with less than 200 followers) That I Admire:
- My Style Recipe
- The Magic Mug
- Lofty Loves
- Pondering from the Pacific
- Raincouver Life
It’s always pretty cool to be nominated for an award…even though it may be cheesy..but I secretly love it! These awards are a great way to find new and interesting blogs to read!